Love Songs that we love

 Over time, a lot of people have sang songs about love. Most of the time, they mean lust. And some of them are just so sweet that it's not a hassle listening to them all day long.

Having lived life for two decades and extra, I decided to show you guys love by sharing or maybe reminding us of songs we used to love. In no particular order, we have (Drumrolls please!!!!!!!!!!)


Ric Hassani

Ricky darling! How I love this guy and his songs. "African Gentleman" was probably your favorite? I loved that and "Police" and "Only You" amongst a host of others

My favorite is "Believe". Sometimes, I play this song and skip my steps cause I wasn't made to dance. It's super beautiful to listen to especially when it's loud. He featured Olamide and Falz and yeah, it was so beautiful.


Johnny Drille:

Someway somehow, I can picture you singing or humming "Juliet and Romeo" or "Wait for me". 

He got signed to Mavins Records when his cover of Di'ja's "Aww" got to Don Jazzy. As the sharp guy that he is, he quickly signed Johnny.  I remember the first time I listened to "Hallelujah" featuring Simi and I was so happy. I was just singing Hallelujah. Many people around me hated it cause I played it a little too much. "Start over" featuring Nini is also beautiful. It's for lovers who decide that they'll start over. "Forever". You'll want to play this on your wedding Day. Or at least sing it. Most likely with tears in your eyes cause really e too choke.


Cobhams Asuquo

Now, we have to agree that Cobhams is in a class of his own. You see this song called Starlight, Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy!

"People dey ask me say

Wetin dey make me smile

I tell the whole world say ay at

Na you in my life"

Just imagine someone singing this to you.  This is awesome. Seeing Cobhams also dancing to it was one of the sweetest things that I have ever seen. 

If you want a pretty not dancing vibe of love song, well "Empty" should be it for you. He calls his babe the star and seeing that he can't see, that's actually a lot! He also said she brightens his day and makes his sky blue. What else are you waiting for? Play it!


Fireboy DML

Damola! Eiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! See talent! His lyrics are always nothing but top. Marvelous loves the "you know I miss you like an idiot misses the point." Omooooooo! Na lyrics wey dey burst dada be dis. "What If" is a pure delight to listen to.

"Need You" was one of his songs that I didn't like at first but after paying attention, I realized that it was deep. You'll always need your boo more cause really, time no dey.


Joeboy

"Joeboy pon deck". His ever famous line. I didn't even know that was what he was saying. When I first heard "All for you" I was wowed. What is this magic!? 

Then I  heard "Nobody." He started by singing;

Nkàn to ba fé, lo ma get sè kó ma lò bè 

And like that, it felt like the  world paused. And  everything wanted to listen with full concentration. The drum beat was so beautiful. Actually, everything was beautiful. 

Now, I didn't list all of them cause maybe just maybe, there'll be a part two.


Bye everyone 😘

Comments

  1. Heyoo. It's only Hallelujah and Fireboy's songs I've heard before. 🤷‍♀️🙃

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts