Home; a place or person


Home 
A place where I can go
To take this off my shoulders
Someone take me home



I don't know if it's just me but when I get to some places whether I know the people there or not I kinda feel at home. With time it becomes home. When I first stepped into OAU I kinda just knew it's where I belonged. I was still hustling for admission then but that feeling almost never left me.I got really scared then of what would happen if I didn't get to be admitted there. It magnified when I got into my Faculty. Yes I'm pretty shy but I knew it would be hard for me not to fall in love with the place and deeply I fell.
With time, I associated that place with several feelings. The feeling of being very pretty not the most beautiful person around cause well until you see another person's Father's farm your father has the biggest farm. I got marveled at the programs held. The unity and bond. All the hype and all. The laughters that were easily shared. And the embarrassing moments like when my skirt tore and I had to wait for a friend to get me one. 

Another place I felt at home with was King's Court. As soon as I walked in I got convinced that nothing can take me away. Everything was cool. Till now I still sing the Family song when I miss them. I missed the overnight rehearsals and everything. How we shared inside jokes especially about Ore's nails looking like Splash sweet.



You are my home, home, home
Wherever I may roam
You are the place where 
I can rest my weary bones
You are my home, home, home
You are my home, home, home



Several names pop in my head as I sing along to this song. I'm pretty sure you feel the same way too. You know those special people. The ones that make you smile even through tears. The ones that are there for you no matter what. 



Those people that somehow things do not really make sense without them. 
Recently, I was kinda lashed on a group and I was really close to tears. Only for him to tell me that my opinion mattered. And other stuff like that. I already knew that but when it seems like everyone is against you and someone supports you, it's one of the best feelings in the world. 

There's Vee whose mode of entertainment is imitating Dad's dance steps in church. There's the fight for bread after church service cause we don't know when we'll get home.

There are the cousins that seem to have no better job than teasing me. I got to really know them this year and Sophia, Tolotolo are amongst the names I've acquired. The reasons for the names remain exclusive to me and the cousins concerned. Those group chats and all. I can't help the smile on my face as I remember you. Did I forget the unawares that must not be seen in public. The songs we all chorus together and the threats that follow to not make a recording. 

I've thought hard about how to end this. So here it goes; 


So you've been a guest in your own home
It's time to make your house your own



Cause no one can do that for you.

And; 

It is people who are best suited to fill our hearts
By our beloved Klaus Mikaelson





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts