The Twelve Days of Christmas


 The Twelve Days of Christmas


Hello!


Some years back, I came across an article that said some songs weren't just songs but codes for certain things. I put on my research hat, and went to work. That's how I stumbled on The Twelve Days of Christmas. 


Many of us should remember singing this song with so much gusto especially when we get to "five golden rings". I can still remember how loud it was. Imagine my joy, when I learnt that in some part of Christian history, it wasn't just a song. 


Research would later suggest that each gift in the song was an a code for the gifts given by God to the Church. 


So, join me and a host of wonderful writers as we walk you through this. We hope you get to appreciate God as well as the gifts more.


Merry Christmas to you.


From Roving and the Eleven Christmas lights. With lots of love ❤️

Comments

Popular Posts