Healing

Sometimes back, I had to chop some peppers, in particular it was atarodo the very hot kind. Earlier in my life, my hands have been exposed to pepper cause my mum was and still is a caterer and we would wash baskets of peppers. I would apply palm oil on my hands afterwards, then wash my hands for a long time and complete the process by using loads of Vaseline. It didn't help. My hands would be peppering me. However, with time my hands got used to it.

But on this day, the pepper was peppering well. My hands were burning and somehow I found a way to distract myself. Before I knew what was going on, I wasn't feeling the pain anymore. I was shocked that it didn't hurt anymore.

When you don't focus on the pain, healing comes as a pleasant surprise.

It's a simple story and I believe it has happened to us in varying degrees. Maybe you cracked a bone or phone screen and all of a sudden, it doesn't hurt that badly. That's healing.



I can't promise that all wounds will heal because I know some fester. However, I know that when you take your mind off it, it hurts less sometimes. Life is short, let go of all the hurt in the past and work on today. Focus on today. The past doesn't need your attention, your present does because the most important time is now



So heal 🦋🦋🦋

Comments

Popular Posts