Family and Familiarity


We all have gifts or if you like call them talents. However, sometimes these gifts may not be so noticeable to those around us simply because they are "used" to it. 

One day, some months or maybe years back I was having a conversation with a guy with a deep baritone. He sent me a voice note and I played it. Some of my girlfriends were around and as soon as they heard his voice, they screamed. Then asked me to play it again. I did. Thing is that I was used to the deep tones of his voice and I didn't count it as anything special. My opinion didn't diminish the beauty of his voice though.

Our loved ones may be blind or deaf to our gifts, but that doesn't mean we're not gifted enough. It only means that they're used to us. You may be a very good chef but because your family is used to your meals they may not count your meals as special anymore. It doesn't mean you've failed as a chef.

For instance, I know people that will pay to listen to me speak (my future self informed me of this). This makes me wonder maybe the people who hear me talk everyday should pay me to hear me (now, I know it's the pride in me talking.) But my point is I have a beautiful voice for speaking and not so beautiful for singing (yes, I've accepted singing is not for me except I'm in the bathroom🥲)

So, whatever gift it is that you have that that people around don't seem to appreciate, it may not be your fault. By nature, humans tend to adapt to a thing so when they hear you sing so many times it may not be as amazing as it was the first time. Keep pushing. Your star did not dim, their eyes only adjusted to seeing you shine all the time.

Tschuss!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts