Time Heals?

 

Being human means many things. It's means that we're fragile and tender and here today and tomorrow, we're not here. Because of how fragile we are, we tend to get hurt. 

One of the most painful wounds I have seen was on the TV. A pastor asked that people who had been abandoned by their parents come forward. One person came, then the second person and that was how the altar was almost full. 

In that congregation, there were many people of different ages and genders with wounds that appeared not to have healed. I saw old men weeping when they remembered. It didn't matter what age they were abandoned. It just hurt. And really bad. 

They all formed a big hug praying that God comforts them and they find solace.

When I was really young, I used to wonder why my mum cried when her Dad died. In my head then, when you're old, you're immune to pain and you don't really need your parents. How wrong I was. 

As humans, one thing is sure. We'll get hurt and broken. Several times. And some are so painful that I wonder how the scar doesn't show on our being.

Those people looked so normal but their heart ached. It ached so bad. And from their faces no one could tell. 

There are a lot of people going through so much pain that we can't see in their faces. Maybe time does heal and it makes them keep a straight face. Maybe it doesn't and just helps them pretend better. 

Or maybe it actually does heal. 

Anyways, bye!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts