Untitled

Side Note:This piece has been untitled since last year or maybe even longer. 


I love Aristotle. Weirdly, I have this obsession with people who have lots of wise words. I used to have a book where I wrote down stuff I really liked. 

Leonardo da Vinci's "simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" hit me real hard that I never forgot it. 

Back to Aristotle. Aristotle said something and that's what this piece is about. He said "what we learn to do, we learn by doing". It's more like in King Fu Panda 3 ( I think it's the cartoon I've been most obsessed about) Poo was told "if you only do what you can you'll never be more than what you are". 

I'm not the best writer in the world. I'm not the best writer in my family or circle of friends. But, I still write. Although, it's not really the best piece anyone has read but it's certainly something I did and I'm going to continue just because I can.

We all didn't know all that we know now just by magic. We learnt them. Down to things as simple as ABC. We had to learn them to know them. Then it was spelling and writing and other things. Although most of us can't recall how imperfect our first trial was, we all know it got better.

Point is, you can't grow if you remain the way you are. You have to learn new things and that you do by practice. I read a book once that said that it wasn't practice that made perfect but imperfect practice that made perfect.

While I may not be the most talented writer I may as well keep on polishing the skills that I believe exist. It would do you real good if you do the same. Cause, what's there to be afraid of anyway ?




Comments

  1. This is perhaps one of the best pieces I have read today. Screams truth.

    The beauty is not in whether or not you're the "best," it's rather in the fact that you still do continuously.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts