God is Who?

Do you ever wonder the person of God? Like who is this God? These days, when people push God away and out of their minds, they don't bother to know Him. For the few that bother, they are more likely to focus on knowing about Him than knowing God Himself. He is called the Big Man Upstairs and I'm like whatttttttttttt! 

 

A picture of God is painted in some people minds as the inaccessible God. So they are content in knowing about Him. 

 

The title of today's song is God by Dunsin Oyekan. Why I like this song is because one day, I was talking with somebody about God. At that moment, it felt wrong to say God is a person or a man or a thing or a being. It just felt insulting and the memory of that moment stuck with me because, in the end, we concluded that God is God. Not a God among Gods but the God. The only one who embodies the title, God.


You may be asking that why all the fuss? Shebi you can not say a man is a man or a dog is a dog in defining it. I got you. The thing is no word, single or in combination with a host of others captures God's essence. You can say that a man is a human being of the male species and all that. But with God, e no get how you wan take talk am wey e go carry evritin wey God be.

 

I read a book early this year(I didn't finish it and I can not remember the title or the author) that touched me. Not that it changed my life but it opened my eyes. I know we all know Genesis 1:1; In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth. And yeah. We know that as head knowledge but most of us like me, didn't dig into the scripture to understand it.

 

The author explained that verse by emphasizing the fact that before there was a beginning, there was God. In other words, it is wrong to say God began because He did not need to begin to exist. He just existed. He was being God without beginning,(I hope you understand). In other words, God did not begin from anywhere, He just was. He is the I am that I am. 

 

At first, I was like wow. Then wowwww. Then wowwww. For days on end when I would reflect on that statement, I would still be wowed. I am still wowed. God has a way of blowing our minds. 

 

This is just one of the many magnificent things that make Him God. Another is His Sovereignty.


 The Sovereignty of God is something that we can not fully understand. Is there anything about God that we can completely understand? I doubt that. Anyways, God's Sovereignty is one attribute that I love and that makes me tremble. He is not accountable to anyone. He can do as He pleases. He is in Control. He is in charge(I was smiling typing this part cause I felt like doing cartwheels but I can't). He is Sovereign. Hallelujah!

 

To be sovereign is to be over all. This term was better seen during the time of absolute monarchy where Kings and Queens did as they wished and there was nothing anyone could do about it. Now, the Sovereignty of a ruler was limited to his or her domain. What about God? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Are you kidding me? Where is God not in control of? He is not like those kings at all. They should shift. 

 

Reading some portions of the Bible let me know that He is the Potter and we are the clay. He can make whatever he pleases to make of us. And we have no right or ground or justification or whatever to question Him. Tori, who born you๐Ÿท.

 

If we go on and on, it will probably be a book and I don't think that is where we are going. 

 

God is all I can say because no word contains His person like the name God does. God is who He is. He is who God is. He always will be God. God is God.

 

So yeah guys, that's it for today☺. You can perhaps drop your favorite title of God. Till next time people๐Ÿค—

Comments

Popular Posts