The Sixth Day of Christmas


Day Six

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave you me six geese are laying, five golden rings, Four calling birds, three French hens, Two Turtledoves, and a Patridge in a Pear Tree

Many things fascinate me. One is how things came to be. Another is how they continue to be. I know that science explains it, well sort of. But how take happen? How are bones formed in a woman's womb? How many of you like me wonder what it's going to feel like when we touch the clouds. How are the skies suspended above us? How does the sun know when to rise and to go and sleep. How the ocean knows it’s boundaries and only a few times decides to cross is, I know not.

Have you ever sat and just watched the flowers in a garden and just see how beautiful they are, like why are they so beautiful. Why so fine? One of my favorite things to do is staring at the sky day or night. It's just marvelous. Some days even when I am down. Like when the tears run down, and it feels like things are never going to get better, when I remember my favorite Lauren Daigle's song, Look Up Child and I do look up, it's like fresh hope fills me. It may take some time but hope does come. So I just wipe away the tears and put on my biggest smile.

I saw a meme recently that said; it took God seven days to create the world and it takes nine months for me to come into the world so clearly I'm a big deal. When God made you, He arranged everything so that you would be you. He arranged for your parents so that they would make you. And unlike some of you who think that being in Nigeria is a mistake, it was a well-thought plan by God. Can you think of how you would have been if you were not Nigerian? Just forget it. Nigeria is inside of you and it's who you are.

So back to 6 geese are laying… it is taken from the first story in the bible which is the story of creation.

The six days of creation were born from God, God thought about what He could do and in a way, it seems like the ideas were eggs that were hatched to give new beautiful things every new day. He created it all and saw it was good. He did all of it diligently not haphazardly… He made it to be beautiful in His own eyes meaning that no matter how ugly a thing may be in your eyes, it’s beautiful… To top it all, we were made in His image like how awesome is that.

I may not be the most beautiful person you’ve seen, you may not be the most beautiful person I’ve seen but the fact that I was made in God’s image makes a very beautiful person beautiful, makes you a very beautiful person, the world itself is beautiful.
This Christmas, I hope we all realize this very awesome fact that we’re all beautiful in Christ.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts