The Ninth Day of Christmas

I can't believe it. Can you? We're in Day Nine. This is awesome. 
On the ninth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me.
Nine Ladies Dancing 
Eight Maids a Milking
Seven Swans a Swimming
Six Geese a Laying
Five Golden Rings
Four Calling Birds
Three French Hens
Two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.

Can you guess who our nine ladies are? ☺. Well, if you did then you'll know that these nine ladies are none other than the fruit of the Spirit; love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance. Did you notice that it's mostly ladies that bear the names above?

Anyways, back to us. Every human has emotions. Most do not know how to handle it however, God is concerned about our emotions. He wants the very best for us in every area of our life including our emotions.

Love. God expressed His unfailing, unending, and unconditional love to us. He expects us to do the same for others. Because God is Love and he that does not love does not know God. Joy. This is more than being happy. It's being certain that all things are working for good. Peace. Ever being in a situation when it looked like hell let loose and you were calm. Peace is a still river that flows. It makes you know that God is in control of all things.


Longsuffering. Patience is difficult in a world where everything is instant. Patience is not defined by how long you waited for something but by how well you waited for it. Gentleness. How do I explain this? I'm gentle. I hope you sha get it. Goodness. In a work full of bad, it's hard to be good. Hard. But God wants us to be good irrespective of how people treat us.


Faith! I know we have already met with Faith on Day Three but she's too broad for just a day to cover her. Faith in God is what sustains us. Meekness. Hmmmmmm. Moses comes to my mind. I can't help but think how a person exposed to the comforts of a prince of Egypt will go to settle a fight between two local Israelites. Temperance. The ability to keep cool at all times. To be able to control oneself irrespective of circumstances.

As I'm typing this out, I'm just thinking that God does want us to be like Him. He's our Father so we have to resemble Him. The nine ladies are all features of God. We as His children should also have them as our features. I pray that we do.

Comments

Popular Posts