The Eleventh Day of Christmas

On the eleventh day of Christmas
my true love sent to me:
Eleven Pipers Piping
Ten Lords a Leaping
Nine Ladies Dancing
Eight Maids a Milking
Seven Swans a Swimming
Six Geese a Laying
Five Golden Rings
Four Calling Birds
Three French Hens
Two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

On the eleventh day, our Christmas present is the eleven faithful apostles. 

There are so many things I love about the apostles. One is that they were not perfect. None of them was sinless. For me, it means that God understands our nature as humans and doesn't make it compulsory for us to be perfect before He uses us. He perfects us in His way. 


FACT OF THE DAY: The original twelve days of Christmas start on Christmas Day and ends on the 5th of January.


The second thing I learned from them is that no matter how bad someone is that person can be redeemed. No one is too filthy to be redeemed because we are like that. Isaiah even said our righteousness is like filthy rags. This attribute points to the fact that with God nothing shall be impossible.


Recently, I picked a book on temperaments and I saw how alike we are with the apostles. They were just ordinary men whose lives did not remain the same because of their walk with God. 


There's this book I came across this year and I enjoy reading it so much. I got to the place where the author said our lives are our ministries. God lets us go through certain things to mold us the way He wants us to be. Our position as the clay or pot(depending on the stage) does not give us a ground to question the Potter who is God. We can't ask why He chooses to make us this way because it is up to Him and no one else. 


To everyone, the selection of the apostles was random but I think God had it all planned out just like He has you already planned out so don't give up just yet. You are getting it. 

I love you so much for being on this journey with me. Merry Christmas 🎄 🎄🎄

Comments

Popular Posts