💝💝💝

Death is kinda the synonym for the end of a thing and since this is the end of the year I decided to talk about death. Well sort of.

I was twelve years old when a family friend lost her thirteen years old son to cancer. At first, when I saw it I was like he's cute. And that was that. Cause it was in the PUNCH. Then my Dad went for the memorial service held for him and he bought a few copies his mum wrote in honor of him and a foundation created in his honor.

The last chapter of the book was about Timi. So I had read the other pages, felt all kinds of lows and highs. Laughing a lot cause well Aunty Lara is one good author. I felt intimidated. Proud. All those things that you feel when you read a book and it's like the person is talking to you.

I started reading Timi's part and that's how tears started dropping Mind you, I was super emotional at that time so the tears were kinda a lot. In the words of his mum, he lived a brief yet full life. She also said that God was showing off when He made Timi. Cause Timi was well how do I put it, Timi.

It dawned on me then that I wasn't living. I was just existing and that there was nothing I did to deserve that. I mean smarter, richer, better looking, morGod-fearing, younger people have died. So what did I do to earn being alive? It's just God's mercies. 

So many people have died this year. While to some people it's just part of the statistics, to some of us it isn't. It's a lot more than that. And just adding to the stats ain't it for us.

I'm writing all this to tell you to live. We do not always get to choose who lives and who dies but we get to choose how well we live. We get to choose what gets written on our obituaries. Even if you're battling stuff that says you can't live. Remember Chad? He didn't let cancer stop him from being the Black Panther. Now, everyone is wondering who's going to take his place. 

I'm gonna let you go with the words of Chad before he died.  Purpose is the reason why you are alive at this time in history.  In simple English, the world needs you to be you.


Happy New Year to You😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts