PERCEPTION

Hello hello hello people. I'm so so so excited. Cause well it's my birthday. Before I get you all carried away here is today's post.

We've been "seeing" a lot this month. At first, we explored how we saw others and ourselves. Then we moved to how others saw us. Last week, we dealt with how God saw us. And it was exciting for me as I trust it was for you.

From how to see others, I learned that there is a lot more to a person than their appearances, speech, and actions. When God wanted a replacement for King Saul, He asked Samuel to do the honors of anointing the next King. When Samuel was about to pick, he said Eliab looks like a King but God said Nahh. It ain't him. 

Recently, I was watching Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo and I remembered the rape allegations made against him. It then hit me that it's the way God sees a man that matters. Cause He knows everything. Even a person's thoughts. 

During the week something didn't work out fine for me and I was sad. I'd put in my efforts and felt it was a waste. Till a friend of mine reminded me of how I looked at myself and ori mi pe pada. I should look beyond what I am seeing(Lion King) and even what I am feeling. God sees me a whole lot better than being a failure so I should look to see what He sees.

How do other people see us? We all know how different people in our lives see us. How we are always the baby our parents see. How our friends see us. Siblings, cousins, classmates, the list is endless. Each of them has a picture of you that when combined gives an overview of who you are.

And last week, we talked about how God sees us. How a God as big as He is takes so much interest in us. Like seriously, what are we sef? But He does care about us so much. He loves us much that His love makes us worthy. 

So this week, I'll like you to reflect a lot on how you perceive things because as a man thinks in his heart, so is he.

Comments

Popular Posts