How do you see yourself?


We've heard people say a lot of things about what they think they are or who they think they are. Most times, we wonder how do such people come up with such things? 

Have you ever heard someone say that another person is ugly? If someone perhaps makes the mistake of saying that to me, this is what I imagine my response to be. If he appears to be good-looking then he doesn't have the sense to know that he had no hand in what he looks like. If it's the other way around, he talks about something he has no experience of. 

When you have a real picture of who you are, it's very difficult for someone to tell you otherwise and you believe it. For instance, if someone tells me I'm dumb. I'll be like okay what did I say or do that made that person say that cause I know I'm not dumb. If I find out that there's nothing wrong, the person drops on my scale of relevance. What I'm saying, in essence, is that, when you know who you are, you know that whatever a person says doesn't define you. 

Some years back, I wasn't sure about who I was and it bothered me a lot. What bothered me, even more, was that I let what other people say define me. I'll brood so much on what that person said that I became what that person called me. The sad thing is that I never did that when it came to praises.

I watched videos on two models recently and they were stunning even in maxi clothes even though they were as thin as I am or maybe thinner. They said they dealt with low self-esteem. That they weren't pretty or skinny enough. 

How do you know who you are? I read Ephesians 1 and 2 to grasp an understanding. Now that I know who I am, no one can tell me otherwise. You read it, say it till you believe it. God has already defined you. Fearfully and wonderfully made. You get to add more specifications to that definition. Don't let someone else define you. It's not their job to do so but yours.

Bye guys🤗. Till next week

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts