How do you see people ?

How many of you feel sympathy for terrorists? I'm not kidding. I'm pretty sure that no one does. What is going to follow may not make a lot of sense to you, although it's the truth but, the truth doesn't always make sense.

I can imagine the life of a Nigerian terrorist before he became one. I can only imagine the process of being stripped of humanity so much so that he can gloat about it with Klaus. I can only imagine.


Have you ever been hungry? The kind that makes you sleepless. That makes you crave even the most disgusting of things. In the Bible, a woman got so hungry she ate her child. This is the type of hunger that I am talking about.


How many of you walked barefoot not because you wanted to but because you have nothing to wear. I'm not saying matching footwear, in this case, I'm saying anything. Not even a Dunlop.


Do you know how it feels like to sleep in a container? Even though that container is considered an elevated status amongst your peers. How some of you even sleep under the naked sky.


How do you feel when you don't have clothes to wear? When even your entire belongings can be held in a nylon bag. What am I even saying? When all of the things you own can conveniently stay on your body and it still looks like nothing because it is nothing.


What sin was committed on their behalves for them to suffer so much? No matter how discontented you are with life, I'm pretty sure you won't want to trade your life with that of the described.



So many of us find ourselves in situations that the next course of action for us to take would have been impossible. Had it been we were not wearing that shoe.

How then can you look me in the eye and judge them? How? If you see what I see or know what I know, you'll understand that there is no choice for a person stripped off everything good life has to offer. Even love. Shebi Klaus had siblings who cared about him.

It's not only terrorists or criminals you should not judge. I was listening to a documentary or maybe reading it. A prostitute was interviewed. She said that she needed the money because her mum was sick. A few weeks back, someone told my mum that he parked his car at a joint around five pm and two ladies approached him saying that for five hundred naira they would do anything for him. He gave them the money because they said they hadn't eaten anything since morning. That was five pm in the evening o.


Please don't judge people. You don't know what they are going through at all.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts