The stars in scars


Corny title right? Yup. When I was in Nursery 2 (don't ask me how I remembered this). Okay, I constantly reminded myself to remember cause it was an important event. I was asked to call one guy in school. This guy was a friend a very close one. Those type of friends that appear in your childhood pictures.


 I was one of the fastest runners in my age group. A major contributing factor to that is that I had a junior brother who was called "area scatter" and his close friend the one I said that I was really close to, was so troublesome he had a song made for him. Living with guys like that made me a tomboy pretty early in life. 


My school compound had a place where there was gravel. That was our playground. The guy was at the other end of the playground. In order to get to him, I had to move fast across the playground. So, I ran across the gravel. Not completely across, cause I fell. I still have the scar till now. Did I run after that time ? Yes and no. 


I ran till I was almost done with primary school then my kneecap started twisting. If you've ever experienced this you'll know that that pain is almost literally hell. The first time it happened, I found myself in the ground just outside the church. Then it happened again. And again. And again. And I stopped running. In secondary school, I was running once and that day my leg twisted twice. My knee and my ankle. I shed a few tears. Cleaned my eyes. And said that was the last time I would run. I don't remember running much after that time and as a precaution, I was taking extra care while walking and avoiding awkward standing positions.


Many of us have scars. Physical, just like the one on my knee. Emotional, like the one that made me stop running but it's probably deeper than that. But scars aren't ugly. There's beauty in them cause a story always lies in the lines of our scars. 


Some scars are temporary like the one I had when a silencer burnt my leg. Others are permanent. You get it as a trademark. Just kidding😂😂. But that's what's it's called at home sometimes.


Scars are beautiful just the way they are. Don't tattoo it. Don't cover up your history cause by doing that you're probably hiding who you are.

Comments

  1. I'm glad to know this bit about your life darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scars are said to be beautiful. I hope one day I can believe this enough to show it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This got me: "Don't tattoo it. Don't cover up your history cause by doing that you're probably hiding who you are."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts