The brown roofed city

Having spent most of my life. Okay. I'm sorry. Not most of my life but most of the Covid break. So, having spent most of my Covid break in this city I have a few things I'll like to say about it.

Bear in mind that I have lived in three states in Nigeria and visited a bit more than that number so permit my explanations cause as it is, I'm speaking from a limited point of view.

Number one thing that struck me is how the city is both urban and rural. I first lived in Jericho area and then somewhere close to Challenge. Where I saw life. Enjoyed life. Ate to my fill very delicious meals😋. Sang hymns in both English and Yoruba which made us laugh. I was supposed to visit the farm but the bushes are so thick that you have to wear long jeans trousers and boots of which I had nine so I stayed back. The farm is also somewhere in Ibadan. The point is Ibadan is biiiiiigggggggggg.

There are different looks of the mad person in Ibadan. Most of the ones I've seen are men which makes me wonder why. I mean it's a fact that women are more than men so why do we have more men roaming on the street.  Or maybe the question should be why do I see many mad men roaming the streets.

The food available in Ibadan has so many varieties. From the tush Amala sellers to Dominos, From Paris Bakery to the akara sellers. And the taste of those food are amazing. Food will not be the end of me.

So, I noticed that on every roundabout (I don't know whether I should call them that ) there is a figure on it. It could be the statute of a footballer or someone who has played an important role in history. There was even one where there was a tree right in the middle of the road. Right in the middle of the roundabout. I mean how awesome is that. 

Ibadan is a place where I think I would have liked to grow up in. I mean they have the biggest ShopRite branch in Nigeria. I've not yet been to Ventura yet. When I get there, I'll tell you guys okay. Bye for now.  

Comments

Popular Posts